The One to Watch: 2012
In our offices this week, the topic of discussion has been not only New Years resolutions (mainly gym related!) but also New Years predictions for the year ahead. One product which we all agreed would be the “one to watch” is Steelcase’s newest academic seating solution, the Node chair. The Node combines a funky design with devilishly clever functional aspects.
Steelcase explain it as: “Seating for the active learning classroom.” The node chair is mobile and flexible. It’s designed for quick and easy transitions from one teaching mode to the next transforming a classroom from lecture mode to team mode and back again, without interruption.
Node boasts many features:
- Casters lend mobility for quick, easy transitions between teaching modes.
- Available in hard casters, soft casters or glides.
- Swivel seat keeps open sightlines between student and instructor, whiteboard, and other students.
- Personal worksurface swivels in tandem with seat and is adjustable for users of all sizes. It accommodates left- and right-handed students and is large enough to support students’ digital and analog resources.
- Base keeps backpacks and valuable personal belongings out of the aisle.
- Flexible seat, without pneumatic adjustments to worry about, keeps students comfortable in a variety of postures.
- Open seat design offers easy access, while arms serve as backpack hooks.
- Comfort without upholstery means easy maintenance.
- Steelcase warranty with elevated durability testing makes node an easy choice.
- Optional Cupholder.
- Height Adjustable.
The Shell is available in 12 colour options, base in 3 colours and worksurface in 5 colours. The Node is shipped in three simple parts (base, seat, worksurface) that assemble in 30 seconds without tools – yes really – it’s that simple – need we say more?
If you’d like more information on “Node” our chosen product to watch in 2012 – please contact Gemma Thornton via email@example.com