Sector: Orthodontic Supplies
Scope of Works: Principle Contractor, Design, Fit out, Furniture Installation
Global Orthodontic supplies business TP Orthodontics sought to transform their dated ’80s building into a well-designed European Head Quarters.
The environment had to be dynamic and flexible – encouraging staff to collaborate more closely, and allow for future growth. As 30% of the space was sub-let, the design also had to ensure existing and future tenants were attracted and retained.
The above brief was achieved in a number of ways;
• Warehouse operations were moved to a ground floor wing providing better access for deliveries and freeing up first floor office space (see presentation below for more images)
• Formal meeting rooms and private offices were separated from open plan areas enabling sales and marketing teams to work in close proximity and creating more flexibility for future expansion.
• Informal meeting spaces and quiet rooms were dotted across the floors, providing a choice of work areas for different tasks,
• A central kitchen/breakout area was created to give staff a space to have a restful break from their desk.
• An autumnal colour palette was used to create a warm & welcoming impression to visitors and staff alike, without it becoming too corporate.
Whilst the process was project managed by appointed client-agent Knight Frank, Ben Johnson provided the total turnkey solution including move management. This was undertaken with care so as not to disrupt the client’s tenants, and in phases as each floor was occupied.