Sector: Technical Agency
Scope of Works: Fit-out and Furniture Supply & Installation
A team of leading Software Consultants and Engineers with multiple offices in Leeds and London that provide web-based software including websites, APPS, online services and digital products.
Bluesky Design Interiors provided the client with workplace consultation and interior design. Working in partnership – Bluesky then introduced Ben Johnson for fit out and furniture services. You can find more details on Bluesky Design here
• Create an office that encourages focus as well as fun!
• Industrial feel – exposed ceiling and concrete floor
• Flexible and Interactive project spaces to work with multiple sites and breakout areas close to tea points
• Open plan work areas with minimal storage requirements
• Meeting rooms for 8-10 people and team meeting for 20-24 people.
• Completing a refurbishment over 2 floors in an occupied building with multiple users.
• Achieving the exposed concrete floor concept, which can be problematic and expensive if the building is old and the base build is uneven.
• Safely dealing with the asbestos found on site.
The offices were planned using activity based planning methodology to accommodate different types of working.
The open plan workstations were a series of benches with built in technology for ease of laptop use with limited personal storage. The concept was the desks should be flexible and enable the teams to reconfigure depending on the project. Procuring the right furniture solution was important to Byng and Ben Johnson dedicated to providing samples and visiting furniture showrooms with the client.
During the design process the decision was taken to combine the function of the large team meeting space and project space through the installation of an auditorium seating solution, which enabled the business to adapt to their varied meeting and project requirements within one facility. Implementing a Video conferencing and AV strategy was crucial to making this area work.
Scope of works included, partitioning, concrete effect vinyl flooring, electrics, new kitchens. The ceiling grid was removed and feature lighting added in areas to further achieve that industrial feel.