- Salary: 20000 - 25000
- Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Role Type: Permanent
Ben Johnson Recruitment are working with a client on the outskirts of Leeds, looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their expanding team following an excellent period of growth.
This is an exciting opportunity for an AAT Qualified or Qualified by Experience Accounts Assistant looking for a varied role with the opportunity for career progression into an Assistant Accounts role in the future.
They are open to which Industry the successful candidate is currently working in giving someone the chance to move across to a new Industry to gain new skills and experiences. All they ask is that you come with confidence, enthusiasm, passion for finance and a can-do attitude.
Key duties will include:
- Accounts Receivable and Credit control, calculating and issuing sales invoices and or credit notes, posting of cash receipts, reconciling accounts. chasing debt, escalating problems both internally and to the legal process
- Accounts Payable - process supplier invoices across several companies, run check/authorisation system to ensure accuracy, produce remittances and pay suppliers, reconcile accounts
- Sales and Purchase Ledger invoicing
- Post cash to bank accounts and reconcile banks daily across several companies
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Paying, posting and reconciling expense claims
- Produces info for monthly MI, annual accounts
- Take accounts to trial balance
- Process and control VAT, PAYE, NIC, CIS
- Payroll for 10 staff start to finish including all HR related issues across 2 companies.
- Ad hoc duties as and when required
You will be:
- AAT qualified or Qualified by Experience
- Understand CIS and Subcontractor Payments
- Experience of Purchase Ledgers
- Analytical and attentive to detail
- Knowledge of Sage, Excel preferred
- Competitive salary
- Up to 35 days holiday
- Working hours are 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday (Flexibility to start and finish times)
- Free parking
- Pension scheme
- Health Care and Private insurance
- Open to which industry background you come from
This is a great role working for a dynamic business in a growing industry sector. We are looking for someone who will bring enthusiasm to the role and who is committed to career development.
Applyfor this role
Please fill in the below form to apply for the role Accounts Assistant