Business Development Manager -Home Based
- Salary: 28000 - 35000
- Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Role Type: Permanent
Ben Johnson Ltd is an established business successfully delivering design and build services for commercial office and workplace fit out and furniture.
This agile working business development role is accountable for generating new business opportunities for our Directors and business winning design and estimating team to progress to design, quotation and order.
We work nationally, and currently have a head office in York and satellite office in Newcastle. We now want to develop another regional presence with a key person based in either South Yorkshire or the Midlands.
Business development region:
We are open to which new locations the role will be based in and focussed on, but our current interest is prioritising the Sheffield, Nottingham and Birmingham business centres.
Initially the successful candidate will be working from a home office and attending the York Head Office 2-4 times per month. We will also consider setting up a satellite office once relationships and more case studies are established in the region.
This role reports to the Sales and Marketing Director:
- You will be required to generate aligned new business opportunities in the target region that begins the sales process. These opportunities generated are directly rewarded with a bonus scheme. This is the key output measure to monitor your success in the role.
- When ready, you will be required to hand over the generated opportunities to a Director and/or the business winning design and estimating team. This will involve making the initial client appointments and coordinating diaries as needed during the sales process.
- You will find and nurture bought in leads and market intelligence.
- You will find, develop and manage strategic partner relationships in the target region in order to receive market information and referrals leading to new opportunities. This will include property agents, building surveyors, aligned industries, architects, project management companies.
- Complete target account work and build and nurture decision maker relationships that lead to future opportunities to do business.
Key day to day activities:
- Focused telemarketing work.
- Attending networking meetings and events with strategic partners. This may mean working flexible hours.
- Updating salesforce, ensuring all lead information is logged into sales force, monitored and updated.
- Attending weekly performance and team learn and share meetings in person or by video conference call.
- Have regular catch calls and at least monthly 'one to one' meetings with the Sales & Marketing Director.
- Use linkedin, Twitter and Instagram as a research tool and a means of researching potential opportunities and targeting decision makers. Also increasing the online presence of the Ben Johnson Interiors brand.
- Number of aligned opportunities generated (key measure for direct uncapped bonus reward)
- Number of appointments generated
- Number of active partner relationships giving up market intelligence and lead referrals
- Improved brand presence on social media
The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience and knowledge of working in and networking with the 'As Built Environment' sector, and therefore a motivation and interest to be involved in workplace and commercial office Design and Build.
- Proven and successful telemarketing, networking relationship building skills. Effective communication skills on the phone, using social media and face to face are critical.
- Ability to work for long periods on your own with tenacity. Resilience to rejection and objection handling skills are essential.
- A passion for delivering results - this is very important to you.
- IT skills for today's social media driven environment and including for the full Microsoft office suite.
- Relationships with target partners like Commercial Property Agents and Building Surveyors.
Applyfor this role
Please fill in the below form to apply for the role Business Development Manager -Home Based