- Salary: 35000 - 45000
- Location: York, North Yorkshire
- Role Type: Permanent
Ben Johnson are pleased to be partnering an owner managed business in North Yorkshire with the recruitment of a Company Accountant. This is a newly created role and a fantastic opportunity for an Accountant looking to benefit from a change environment where they will get exposure to a wide variety of tasks in a fast paced commercial setting.
We are looking for an Accountant who embrace change and challenges themselves and the business to continuously develop and improve. You will be highly organised with the ability to prioritise and prepare multiple accounts as the company has a number of entities. This is an ideal opportunity for a soon to be or newly qualified Accountant or equally a QBE professional who feel they have the personal attributes to shine in this fast paced role.
Reporting to the MD, you will prepare monthly management accounts, P and L analysis and maintain balance sheet reconciliations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Management accounts production to month end deadline
- Creation and analysis of accruals, sales, rebates, prepayments and payroll
- Reconciliation of intercompany transactions
- Developing and maintaining balance sheet reconciliations to cover all balance sheet
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset Register raising depreciation journals and posting
- Production of monthly financial information including profit and loss reports and balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly VAT validations, quarterly returns and reconciliations
- Setting up and maintaining site accounting for regional sites
- Preparation on the aged debtor report and reviewing any potential bad debt whilst reviewing provisions
- Work with Company's Accountants on year end and audit activity
You will be naturally inquisitive with the ability to seek out and suggest pragmatic improvements to financial systems and processes. We are looking for an individual who is proficient in excel and is able to provide meaningful and clear finance data. We are open to the type of business you will have worked in.
- 25 days annual leave plus stats
- Flexible Start and Finish times (37.5 hour week)
Applyfor this role
Please fill in the below form to apply for the role Company Accountant