- Salary: 40000 - 50000
- Location: York, North Yorkshire
- Role Type: Permanent
Ben Johnson Recruitment have an exciting new opportunity for a Financial Controller to join an ambitious and expanding SME based in York. The business is in a healthy fiscal position and looking to continue their growth trajectory over the next 3 years.
This is an owner managed business and the Financial Controller will be required to provide true SME support undertaking a variety of duties as the sole accountant.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for the finance function
- Monthly management accounts and annual reporting
- Managing cash flow and developing internal reporting
- Undertake a project to replace the current desktop accounting package, implementing a fixed asset register and purchase order system
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government legislation
- Review all financial plans and budgets looking at ways of reducing costs
- Produce board reports providing accurate financial information
- Work with external auditors as required
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded and reported
You will be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) and ideally have experience of working within an SME in a similar comprehensive role. We are looking for someone who wants a long-term position within an employee focussed business. This role will provide the postholder with the opportunity to develop strategic and operational skills in a dynamic setting.
Applyfor this role
Please fill in the below form to apply for the role Finance Manager