- Salary: 40000 - 55000 annum
- Location: West Yorkshire
- Role Type: Permanent
Ben Johnson are exclusively partnering a rapidly expanding SME (turnover £20 million) looking to recruit a Group Accountant to continue to shape their Finance function, producing Accounts for 4 businesses.
Reporting into the Owner/MD, you will have scope and autonomy to design a fit for purpose Finance function and will work closely with the MD on business strategy for growth which will include a number of small scale acquisitions.
The successful applicant is likely to be an experienced FC with an SME background, who is commercially focussed and tech savvy. Ideally you will be qualified with ACA/ACCA and will have had exposure to providing multiple set of accounts previously. Supporting the role will be a small team of 4 including an Assistant Accountant, Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger and Credit Controller.
You will be comfortable influencing at a senior level and will be confident on advising on business strategy to mitigate risk and maximise opportunity. Key duties will include:
- Management and Statutory Account production for 4 businesses
- Developing improvements for financial controls of the business
- Identifying a new Finance system fit for purpose for growth escalation
- Maintaining and updating the fixed asset register
- Submitting quarterly VAT returns
- Producing budget and forecast for the businesses
- Managing and administrating the company's pension scheme
- Carrying out bank reconciliations
- Driving cost efficiency and effective management
- Leadership of the Finance team and function
This is a great opportunity for an individual looking for an entrepreneurial employer with the opportunity to play a key part in a growth agenda. Our client is open to considering individuals within industry or practice.
Start Date: asap
Applyfor this role
Please fill in the below form to apply for the role Group Accountant