Group Financial Controller
- Salary: 50000 - 60000 annum
- Location: West Yorkshire
- Role Type: Permanent
Ben Johnson Recruitment are pleased to be exclusively partnering a growing SME Group as they look to appoint a Group Financial Controller to lead their finance team. This is an opportunity to work for a diverse portfolio of companies and gain experience within a variety of industries driving improvements in their financial reporting and supporting key business decisions.
Reporting to the CEO, you will use your strong financial acumen to provide insightful MI and to challenge the trading businesses on performance, efficiency and profitability. You will expected to develop a finance team that can operate with autonomy, developing the team's capability to offer high standards of customer service to their internal and external customers.
- Oversee and deliver monthly accounts preparation for 4 different businesses and associated group costs
- Robust cash flow management and forecasting
- Provide robust commentary around financial KPIs and provide financial analysis to support business decisions
- Be actively involved in project work to support future growth
- Ensure that the group are compliant with regulations and meet the external reporting needs e.g payroll, intrastats, VAT etc)
- Identify and manage risk across the business
- Balance sheet reconciliation work
- Develop cross functional working within the finance team and improve their efficiency with new accounting software and tools
- Ideally CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified or a proven Head of Finance with strong experience in an SME environment
- Strong IT literacy - knowledge of sage would be advantageous. Good knowledge of excel
- Experience of business partnering non finance managers and delivering financial information in an impactful way
- Proactive and tenacious personality who strives for continuous improvement
- Experience of acquisitions and disposals would be beneficial
- Experience of group reporting
This is a great role with opportunity to shape a best practice finance function and work with a highly experienced, commercially astute CEO.
Start Date: asap
Applyfor this role
Please fill in the below form to apply for the role Group Financial Controller