- Salary: 35000 - 45000
- Location: Thirsk, North Yorkshire
- Role Type: Permanent
Ben Johnson Recruitment are working with a sizeable family run business on the outskirts of York looking to extend the Finance function following recent growth. This role would be a great opportunity for a Management Accountant looking to step into a Finance Manager role or an experienced Finance Manager with a strong SME background.
The role will take accountability for the largest entity within the business and will require the successful applicant to develop the existing management accounts systems and processes.
- Preparing monthly management accounts including analysis and commentary to assist the senior team make key strategic decisions
- Daily cash flow management and treasury
- Payment approval and forecasting of cash movement
- Review and reconcile monthly sales and purchases
- Manage the internal financial audit procedures and controls
- Intercompany accounting
- Prepare and return VAT submissions and HMRC returns
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Lead, manage, coach and support a team of two finance assistants
Experience/Person fit Required:
- Part or fully qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) or QBE
- Sage 50 or similar accounting packages
- Ability to communicate effectively with operational teams to ensure their understanding of finance issues
- Proven management accounts experience
- Competent excel skills ( v-lookups, pivot tables and sumifs)
- Analytical approach coupled with keen emotional intelligence
The business is a fully independent Group with a strong regional presence and reputation of being an employer of choice. It's envisaged the finance team will be required to grow further in the next couple of months to support projected growth so further career progression is potentially on offer.
Applyfor this role
Please fill in the below form to apply for the role Management Accountant