- Salary: 30000 - 40000
- Location: York, North Yorkshire
- Role Type: Contract
Ben Johnson are looking for an Interim Management Accountant to join a busy Finance function for a 9 month assignment. Though an interim contract, this is a fantastic opportunity for an Accountant looking to benefit from a change environment where they will get exposure to a wide variety of tasks in a fast paced commercial setting.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will prepare monthly management accounts for 3 companies, P and L analysis and maintain balance sheet reconciliations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Management accounts production for companies to month end deadline
- Creation and analysis of accruals, sales, rebates, prepayments and payroll
- Reconciliation of intercompany transactions
- Developing and maintaining balance sheet reconciliations to cover all balance sheet
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset Register raising depreciation journals and posting
- Production of monthly financial information including profit and loss reports and balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly VAT validations, quarterly returns and reconciliations
- Setting up and maintaining site accounting for regional sites
- Preparation on the aged debtor report and reviewing any potential bad debt whilst reviewing provisions
You will be naturally inquisitive with the ability to seek out and suggest pragmatic improvements to financial systems and processes. We are looking for an individual who is proficient in excel and is able to provide meaningful and clear finance data. We are completely open to the type of business you will have worked in.
- Salary £30,000-£40,000
- York location
- 25 days annual leave plus stats
- Flexible Start and Finish times (37.5 hour week)
You will be highly organised with the ability to prioritise and prepare multiple accounts, experience of Sage or an SME environment would be beneficial but not essential. We will consider part or fully qualified Accountants (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) or AAT qualified or QBE. This is a fantastic contract opportunity with excellent potential for a permanent appointment. Our client is fully set up for remote working and will interview remotely.
Applyfor this role
Please fill in the below form to apply for the role Management accountant