Operations Management Accountant
- Salary: 30000 - 40000 annum
- Location: West Yorkshire
- Role Type: Permanent
Ben Johnson Recruitment have an exciting new role for an Operations Management Accountant to join a growing FMCG business in West Yorkshire. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Management Accountant who enjoys working closely with commercial and operational functions in a role which will provide MI to facilitate good decision making driving performance and profitability.
The Management Accountant will work closely with factory senior management teams to provide clear, robust financial planning and reporting that will lead to a clearer picture of business performance.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensure completion of month end to deadlines and insightful reporting provided on performance for variances and overheads for sites.
- Providing timely and accurate financial analysis of performance.
- Providing analysis of trends and identifying performance issues.
- Complete regular labour/material variance reporting.
- Provide variance to Plan (volume/mix/rate) with concise commentary.
- Align financial performance to Operational KPIs.
- Complete financial evaluations/costings of operational initiatives.
- Cost control reviews with site management for materials and overheads expenditure.
- Keep the company systems up to date with product updates, new product launches and product costs.
- Scenario costing.
- Produce investment appraisals and conduct post implementation reviews.
- Stock reconciliations at period end including reconciliations of stock vs general ledger providing an explanation of gains and losses.
Added Value tasks:
- You will develop ways to improve the reporting of key data so it is clear and transparent.
- You will develop relationships between the operation and Finance identifying areas where decision making can be improved.
- You will identify opportunities and risks for the business to enable better performance and profitability.
- You will have experience of working within a manufacturing or FMCG environment.
- Strong financial acumen and an understanding of business changes on financial performance.
- Ability to influence and challenge at all levels.
- Proven track record of adding value and driving improvements.
- Understanding of the impact of commercial changes on the operational side of a business.
- Part or fully CIMA/ACCA qualified or AAT qualified but with QBE experience in relevant sectors.
- Competent Excel experience including Vlookups and pivot tables.
What's on Offer:
- Generous salary and benefits scheme including above average pension scheme.
- Opportunity to join a business producing some of the UK's favourite brands.
- Structured career progression and employee development.
- Easy to access location with free parking.
Applyfor this role
Please fill in the below form to apply for the role Operations Management Accountant