- Salary: 25000 - 32000
- Location: York, North Yorkshire
- Role Type: Permanent
Ben Johnson Recruitment are partnering a medium sized organisation in York looking to recruit a Payroll Supervisor. Reporting into the Financial Controller, this is an exciting time to join the business during a period of business change and develop your career within a busy Finance department.
The role will focus on all aspects of Payroll and will also have the opportunity to assist in other areas of Financial Reporting. You will be accountable for:
- Paying employees and compiling payroll information by managing payroll preparation; completing reports; maintaining records and liaising with our outsourced payroll provider.
- Developing direct reporting, including monitoring of workload and resolution of issues
- Being a primary interface with managers and employees on all payroll matters
Other responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinating payroll data provided to our outsourced payroll provider. This includes information necessary for the processing of fortnightly and monthly payrolls ensuring that information is collated, processed accurately so it can be transmitted through BACs according to deadlines
- Co-ordinating the administration of new starters, leavers and changes to payroll data according to instruction received from HRM, Business Managers and Government authorities
- Developing and maintaining a working knowledge of Company Policies and Procedures, and UK legislation regarding payroll functions. These could include HMRC guidelines, specifically SSP, SMP, SPP
- Ensuring that electronic payroll records are processed and maintained in accordance with legislative requirements
- Maintaining payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation and entering of data
- Maintaining payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
- Developing good working relationships with Business Managers and assist them with any payroll queries they may have regarding their staff, dealing with general day to day queries
- Updating payroll records by reviewing and approving changes liaising developing a sound working relationship with Group HR. Processing payroll changes including job titles, department transfers, division allocations, processing pay rises, bonuses and deductions from salaries
- Providing ad hoc support to the Group HR Manager when necessary with correspondence to staff relating to their employment
- Calculating and paying over monthly PAYE and NI liabilities
- Coordinating the processing and payment of attachment of earnings orders and similar payroll deductions
- Pension reconciliations with Peoples Pension and other schemes
- Completion of National Statistics returns covering payroll
- Dealing with all queries from HMRC regarding payroll
- Ensuring regular back up of payroll records
- Maintaining employee confidence and protecting payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Compliance with GDPR
Our client is flexible on whether or not this could be a part time (3.5 day) or full time opportunity for someone and can vary the duties according to hours worked. We are looking for an experienced Payroll professional who is looking to work for an employee focussed organisation where they will be able to add value through continuous improvement. Remote working available until office life resumes.
Applyfor this role
Please fill in the below form to apply for the role Payroll Supervisor