Service Charge Accountant
- Salary: 24000 - 28000
- Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Role Type: Permanent
Ben Johnson Recruitment is working with a large property business in Leeds looking to recruit a Service Charge Accountant to focus on controlling the finances of client monies held in order to manage the property portfolio. This role will have ultimate responsibility for all cash held within their client's portfolio, including rents and service charges, deposits and VAT. You will be working in a team and taking responsibility for the client portfolio which will include national contracts.
Key duties will include:
- Periodic reporting to clients (standard reporting)
- Ensuring accurate reconciliation of client reporting i.e VAT, client statements
- Maintaining professional working relationships with clients
- Instructing the treasury department on the collection of monies, transfer of rents, general maintenance of funds (including tenant refunds) and managing and maintain the service charge funds.
- You will liaise with the Treasury department to ensure that cash flow/funding for each property is adequate
- Complete cash on site audits and monitor cash handing income
- Undertake ad hoc finance project work
We are looking for an individual ideally with experience of Property Management Accounting and Property Management Systems experience. You will be qualified either with at least AAT or part qualified (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) or QBE. The ideal individual will be someone with excellent organisation and communication skills who enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
This is a great opportunity to join a thriving business that has since an increase in workflow in 2020 where excellent progressional opportunities are on offer.
Interviews will be held remotely and remote working is also on offer.
Applyfor this role
Please fill in the below form to apply for the role Service Charge Accountant