What Is Workflow & Document Management?
Workflow is the movement of documents and information between individuals or groups of people using a Document Management system.
Effective workflows are crucial for business success. The more efficient, cost-effective and sustainable they are, the better prepared you will be for the future workplace. Looking to improve your workflows?
- Do you have large paper archives that are costly to store, laborious to search through or poorly organised?
- Do your documents require manual sign off from several different people resulting in delay?
- Do your incoming customer communications come in many different forms which are time-consuming to process?
If you would like to overcome these challenges, our Professional Services team can help. We will assess your workflow process throughout your organisation and develop improvement strategies to better manage, share and secure your documents whether they are paper, electronic, or digital.
Ben Johnson partners with leading software providers Therefore and Invu to bring you workflow and document management solutions aligned to your specific business needs.
- Reduce Costs – cut down on physical storage space and storage costs
- Increase efficiency – search and retrieve documents in seconds
- Improve security – give only authorised staff access to specific documents
- Increase compliance & auditability – track who accessed, edited or updated a document
- Improve sustainability – eliminate paper from processes
Incoming mail can be scanned, automatically saved and indexed. Once the document has been entered into the document management system, it can be electronically sent to the correct recipient for review, and/or onward to other business processes such as Accounts Payable. Flexible workflows can be configured to route letters through the business for approval and validation, enabling a high degree of flexibility.
Recruitment & HR on-boarding
When a candidate fills out their job application online, we can make that information automatically enter the document management system and kick off a workflow designed to streamline and document the evaluation and interview process. Once they accept the job, you can then ensure all legal documentation is completed, and the necessary provisions such as IT equipment, work space, and training schedules are in place for their first day with an automated workflow.
All financial documents including incoming and outgoing invoices, purchase orders, approvals, expenses etc can be automatically validated, matched, securely stored, and eventually deleted. Flexible workflows can automatically match proof-of-delivery notes with purchase orders, or route documents throughout the business for approval and validation. Any document can be quickly retrieved from the document management system using a simple yet powerful advanced search capability.
Mike Andrews, Director - Manning Stainton
Ben Johnson has allowed us to take thousands of files off the shelves and deliver them to our fingertips within a couple of keystrokes. Office space has been freed, file retrieval time has decreased and we’re now quicker to answer customer enquiries.